A beautiful and shiny smile can help you have the best first impression. It makes you feel confident while having a conversation. But, yellow stains on your teeth or tooth discoloration can hamper the smile and also be the reason for numerous dental problems if ignored for a long time. Fortunately, going for professional teeth whitening treatment resolves the problems related to staining and discoloration of teeth. In this blog, we are going to make you aware of the benefits of teeth whitening.
Before talking about the perks of getting your teeth whitening, it is important to know a bit about teeth discoloration. It can be categorized under two broad headings – intrinsic and extrinsic discoloration. We have provided the causes of both these kinds of discoloration in the pointers below:
- Extrinsic Discoloration – This kind of discoloration is generally caused due to the consumption of certain kinds of beverages such as tea, red wine, coffee, etc. It has been seen that smoking tobacco can also contribute to the formation of yellowish stains on your teeth. Intrinsic discoloration mostly affects the exterior surface of your teeth.
- Intrinsic Discoloration – It involves discoloration happening from inside the teeth. Some of the major causes of intrinsic discoloration are medication, ageing, severe infection, teeth trauma and childhood illness. You need to know that this kind of staining can only be solved by undergoing professional teeth whitening.
If you are suffering from the problem of yellowish teeth, consult a dentist nearby. He/she will inform you about which category your problem falls in.
What are the Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening?
Going through the benefits of this treatment will give you reasons to go for professional teeth whitening. They are:
- Great Results – In-house teeth whitening yields excellent results if compared with the other options. The reason behind it is pretty simple. Dental hygienists or whitening dentists use bleaching agents that are much stronger than the ones present in the whitening products available on the market. So, get the smile of your dreams by going for this dental service.
- Safe – Using teeth whitening products such as strips or toothpaste can sometimes do severe damage to the enamel (outermost layer of your teeth) and initiate the process of tooth decay. This is not the case with professional teeth whitening. The entire process is conducted under the supervision of a trained professional. Hence, there is nothing for you to worry about.
- Takes less time – Going for professional teeth whitening will give you great outcomes within a time span of 1-2 hours. Whereas, the teeth whitening products might take a long time to deliver.
- Boosts your confidence – Having yellow stains on your teeth can make you feel awkward and self-conscious while talking to others. This issue can be solved by going for professional teeth whitening. A beautiful smile will also have a positive effect on your overall personality and make you feel confident.
We hope that you have now gained a clear understanding of the perks of going for teeth whitening treatment. You might be surprised to know that the cost of going for professional teeth whitening is not too much. So, going for this treatment will not burn a hole in your pocket. You can contact Town Center Dental if you are looking for the best teeth whitening service in Cedar Park, TX. Call us at (512) 866-4574 to schedule your visit today!