Dentures or artificial teeth are an alternative way for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. This dental practice falls under Restorative Dentistry. Dentures are composed of nylon, acrylic, or metal. Tooth decay, gum problems, poor oral practices, tooth extraction are the common reason for tooth loss.
When you are missing all your teeth, it might make your face muscles look saggy. This can make you look aged. Dentures are used to fulfil the gap, restore your smile and protect your other teeth. This helps an individual to eat, chew, or speak smoothly.
Common kinds of dentures:
- Complete (Full) Dentures – The apt method for patients who are lacking all of their teeth. They are installed on top of the gums, and are anchored to existing teeth. They are naturally placed within 8-12 weeks after the teeth have been removed.
- Partial Dentures — When a patient still has some of his/her natural teeth in the upper and lower jaw receives partial dentures. A pink-colored base is present which is connected to a metal piece. These pieces anchor the denture in your mouth. They are easily removable. This denotes you can easily pull them out whenever you feel like.
- Immediate dentures – They are generally implemented on the same date when your teeth are being removed or extracted.
How will your Dentist treat in Cedar Park, TX?
The denture treatment procedure actually requires a number of weeks and appointments. Your doctor or prosthodontic in Cedar Park will recommend the apt dentures for you. Then the specialist will take a few impressions of your jaw and the measurements too. Next, your doctor will start to build models, wax forms, or plastic patterns as per the precise shape and position of the dentures to be created. Now you will have to try this model multiple times. And the denture will be checked and verified for color, shape and fit before being finally built. It will be then given to you. You will have to visit our office at Town Center Dental whenever you require adjustments.
Now, if you’re surfing your web for the best ‘Dentist near me’ in TX, to get the apt dentures, then surely visit our office Town Center Dental!
Care for your Dentures
Our mouths are always loaded with bacteria. Therefore, it’s not astonishing that you will require cleaning your artificial teeth regularly.
- Just like natural teeth you should brush daily.
- You can also use liquid to clean, of-course with doctor’s recommendations!
- In order to extend the durability of your dentures you should handle it very carefully.
- Also never try to bend them while cleaning.
- Avoid damaging the clips while you brush or clean.
- You should soak your dentures while you go to sleep. Ensure that the dentures do not dry out.
- The dentist might also recommend you to avoid specific foods and drinks.