Invisalign treatments are the answer if you want to straighten your teeth without going through the discomfort of traditional metal braces. This type of dental care uses an innovative technique to realign your teeth while remaining virtually undetectable effectively.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a type of clear aligner orthodontic therapy that straightens teeth without the need for braces by using removably attached, transparent plastic trays. Treatment with Invisalign is risk-free, pleasant, and equally efficient as braces. A company called Invisalign, not the clear aligners themselves, manufactures a patented variant of clear aligners. Using Invisalign-branded clear aligners, qualified orthodontists collaborate with the company to create a customized treatment plan based on each patient’s specific diagnosis.
Why Is Invisalign Used?
Patients can benefit from Invisalign procedures if they have an overbite, crossbite, or underbite. Invisalign can be utilized to get a more attractive smile. It can also adjust the bite in patients with mild to moderate misalignment.
What Is The Procedure For Getting Invisalign?
- Your dentist will examine your mouth during your initial visit and discuss your goals for cosmetic dentistry with you. If you think about getting Invisalign, your dentist will let you know if you are an ideal candidate. Some individuals might not be good candidates for this teeth straightening procedure. Your dentist will go over your other alternatives if they apply to you.
- The method of digital molding is the next step. Depending on your schedule, this can occur at your dentist’s initial appointment or a different one.
- It’s time to come back for your pick-up when your Invisalign trays are prepared. To help in the trays staying in place, your dentist could install tiny attachments on your teeth. These buttons are transparent, virtually invisible, easy to install, and only exist temporarily. Your dentist will next check to see if your aligners fit, and after they are in place and your aftercare regimen has been thoroughly described, you are ready to go!
- It’s time to revisit the dentist a few weeks after installing your initial tray. Your dentist will examine how your teeth move and how well the tray fits. Several Invisalign trays are used throughout the procedure. You won’t need to schedule follow-up appointments with Invisalign like metal braces. Instead, you can come back often to assess your development. You won’t have to visit the dentist every time you switch aligners. If your treatment is not going as expected, you might require a new digital scan to order an extra set of aligners.
- Your teeth will have straightened up after some time. The degree of initial misalignment always determines the outcome, but if you wear your aligners as directed, you will eventually have straighter teeth.
How Beneficial Is Invisalign Treatment?
- The clear braces from Invisalign® are hardly visible. They give the wearer of braces the impression that there are none. Compared to metal braces, they are certainly more beautiful.
- Clear Invisalign® braces can be removed. The person using teeth aligners can easily take them off for short periods (to eat or drink) if necessary.
- Clear braces are flexible and comfortable. They don’t have any protruding or sharp edges or pieces. The teeth are straightened with a lot of effort. Traditional metal braces may have an impact on demineralization and tooth decay. Clear aligners do not have these issues. Overall, clear braces lessen the harm typically done by wearing braces, such as cavities and gum disease.
- When wearing metal braces, a patient may expect a 5-year course of therapy. Invisalign® can straighten your teeth in as little as one year to as long as one and a half years.
- Metal braces can be a trial-and-error process with no obvious indication of what will happen. Dental patients considering Invisalign® go through a completely computerized treatment planning process. As a result, students know what to expect before wearing braces and how long they will need them.
Invisalign® has clear advantages over traditional metal braces overall. They produce beautiful smiles considerably faster than metal braces, are more pleasant, and provide less risk to teeth and gums. Although it costs a little more, it is ultimately well worth the money. We hope this blog has provided you with enough information on Invisalign. You can visit our dental office for further details.