Cosmetic dentistry is soaring high nowadays. When you desire to wear your camera-ready smile, you have plenty of choices for cosmetic dental work. This is a practice of professional oral care that aims on upgrading the dental aesthetics in color, position, shape, size, alignment and definitely your smile! Even certain cases of treatment offer restorative benefits.Some c
ommon practices of Cosmetic Dentistry are :
Schedule an appointment with your dentist at Town Center Dental to ensure which cosmetic technique is best for your dental problems. However, remember, Cosmetic dentistry is usually not covered by dental insurance!
- Teeth Whitening: Also termed as ‘teeth bleaching’! This procedure can lighten and brighten your teeth shade from any discoloration or yellow staining within no time. This can only be done when your specialist first ensures that no plaque, tartar, or other debris is present. It can be done in our dental office at Town Center Dental in Cedar Park, TX, or at home. Check with your Cosmetic Dentist first, for additional details.
- Dental Veneers: A veneer is received by individuals with dental conditions like slightly crooked, discolored or chipped teeth, or even to cover gaps in between the teeth. Veneers are a thin shell formed of porcelain or composite material. They're personalized for each patient and cemented to the front side of the tooth which seems like original teeth.
- Dental Implants: A dental implant is a metal device created to replace missing teeth that are lost due to an accident, extraction or other dental troubles. The device is basically formed of titanium and is surgically applied to the jawbone where the tooth is missing. You can think of Dental Implants as artificial tooth roots, which appear like screws. The screws are nothing but titanium cylinders that are affixed into the jawbone surgically, where there are missing teeth just below the gums. Once they are implanted, they join with your natural bone. Implants can support artificial teeth like a crown, bridge, or denture.
- Dental Crowns: Crowns, popularly known as ‘caps’, are tailor-made to fit aptly over your whole tooth to upgrade its shape, size, strength, or appearance. They are normally created of acrylic or porcelain that has been fused to metal, resin, or ceramic. Crowns are actually used to treat teeth that are improperly shaped, decayed, broken, chipped, or have had large fillings, or to cover gaps in between teeth.
- Teeth Shaping: Popularly termed as “enamel shaping,” the cosmetic dentist can reshape the tooth by filling or removing some of your enamel. This technique is basically not painful and can deliver instant results.
- Tooth Bonding: It’s one of the uncomplicated and most cost-effective Cosmetic Dentistry procedures available! Bonding is one such dental practice in which tooth-colored materials are bonded to the tooth. This treatment is rendered to patients to revive or enhance the appearance of a tooth that has been highly stained, broken, cracked or has worn-down edges.
- Orthodontics (Braces): Braces can fix your crooked or misaligned teeth, and can boost the health and looks of anyone's smile, be it adult or kid. Braces start to perform by applying stable pressure over time to slowly move teeth into alignment.