The world of dentistry has been forever changed by Invisalign. It can assist you in straightening your teeth painlessly and inconspicuously. Our dentists at Town Center Dental provide thorough information on how Invisalign works in this blog.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a brand of clear, plastic aligners worn over the teeth like retainers to straighten them out gradually. The cost of Invisalign is justified because of the benefits it brings. Traditional braces are custom-made to be worn for a few weeks or months, but Invisalign aligners are a clear alternative. Your Cedar Park dentist will create new aligners as your teeth move into the desired position. It’s a method that avoids all of the disadvantages of metal braces. Because it adjusts your teeth all at once rather than one at a time, Invisalign gives you a straighter smile faster than traditional metal braces.
Dentist’s Guide To The Invisalign Process
Invisalign is the most well-known orthodontics brand for clear aligners, a speedier way to straighten your teeth. Because your teeth are detachable, brushing and flossing them is simple. The aligners will be worn at all times of the day and night, except when you eat or drink. Your dentist in Cedar Park has included all of the Invisalign treatment stages you need to know.
- Meeting with your Cedar Park dentist is the first step in the treatment procedure. The dental care specialist will assess your smile and create a personalized digital treatment plan that details your smile’s transformation.
- Your dentist in Cedar Park will take a digital scan of your teeth and x-rays of your jaw.
- To produce the clear plastic Invisalign trays, your orthodontist will take a model of your teeth.
- Your dental care professional may utilize tooth-colored attachments or buttons to supplement your aligners.
- You will wear your aligners 24 hours a day, seven days a week (typically for approximately six to 18 months). It’s essential to remember that getting used to your Invisalign aligners can take a few days. You may have a minor lisp until your tongue adjusts to the trays. Most likely, you’ll feel some pressure, which indicates that your aligners are operating.
- Your orthodontist may schedule an appointment with you to ensure that the aligners are comfortable.
- Every week or two, you’ll visit the dental office to get a fresh set produced as your teeth alter (or as recommended by your dental hygienist).
- You may require extra aligners or adjustments after your treatment to help you achieve the best possible occlusion and smile.
- Your dental hygienist may advise you to use a retainer after your treatment to prevent your teeth from shifting back.
The Final Word
It’s best to follow your dentist’s recommendations for how long you should wear clear aligners each day. Clear aligners are typically worn for 20 to 22 hours per day. This, however, varies according to the circumstances. As your teeth change, you’ll need new aligner trays every two weeks, so Invisalign starts working as soon as you put them in your mouth. You should come to our office at Cedar Park, TX, right away if you’re in discomfort.
We hope this blog has provided you with all the required information. Get in touch with us at Town Center Dental if you are looking for the best Invisalign treatment in Cedar Park, TX.